Kenya Trade Network Agency (KenTrade) is a State Corporation under the National Treasury established in in January 2011 to establish, implement and manage the National Electronic Single Window System (KenyaTradeNet System) and to facilitate trade. Kenya TradeNet System is an online platform that serves as a single entry point for parties involved in international trade and transport logistics to lodge documents electronically, for processing, approvals and to make payments electronically for fees, levies, duties and taxes due to the Government, on goods imported or exported in the country.
“ To be a global leader in trade facilitation through innovative e-commerce solutions ”
“To facilitate trade by simplifying and harmonizing business processes through effective and efficient management of the TradeNet System and provision of related services for Kenya’s global competitiveness.”
- Implement policies relating to the National Electronic Single Window System (Kenya TradeNet System);
- Integrate electronic systems of public and private entities involved in receipting, processing and approving documents relating to international trade transactions;
- Develop, manage, and promote interchange of electronic data for facilitation of trade;
- Undertake and co-ordinate research and surveys in electronic commerce aimed at simplifying and harmonizing trade documentation;
- Maintain an electronic database of all imported and exported goods and services and the levies, fees, duties and taxes charged on imported or exported goods and services;
- Collect trade statistics;
- Plan, develop, monitor and evaluate training programmes for all stakeholders to ensure conformity with international best practices; and
- Perform such other functions related to trade facilitation.
- Customer focus
- Creativity and innovation