Kenya Trade Network Agency (KenTrade) is a State Corporation under the National Treasury established in in January 2011 to establish, implement and manage the National Electronic Single Window System (KenyaTradeNet System) and to facilitate trade. Kenya TradeNet System is an online platform that serves as a single entry point for parties involved in international trade and transport logistics to lodge documents electronically, for processing, approvals and to make payments electronically for fees, levies, duties and taxes due to the Government, on goods imported or exported in the country.
- Implement policies relating to the National Electronic Single Window System (Kenya TradeNet System);
- Integrate electronic systems of public and private entities involved in receipting, processing and approving documents relating to international trade transactions;
- Develop, manage, and promote interchange of electronic data for facilitation of trade;
- Undertake and co-ordinate research and surveys in electronic commerce aimed at simplifying and harmonizing trade documentation;
- Maintain an electronic database of all imported and exported goods and services and the levies, fees, duties and taxes charged on imported or exported goods and services;
- Collect trade statistics;
- Plan, develop, monitor and evaluate training programmes for all stakeholders to ensure conformity with international best practices; and
- Perform such other functions related to trade facilitation.
- Customer focus
- Creativity and innovation
Our Quality Policy Statement
KENYA TRADE NETWORK AGENCY
QUALITY POLICY STATEMENT
Kentrade is committed to provide high quality and sustainable trade facilitation services through the Kenya TradeNet System and related services to meet the requirements of all our stakeholders.
To achieve this we shall:
- Ensure continual improvement of the quality management system processes and capabilities to meet customer requirements.
- Comply with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Build and sustain our core values.
- Ensure that the policy is communicated to all our stakeholders.
- Establish quality objectives at all functional levels.
KenTrade’s Top Management shall annually review the established quality policy and objectives for continuing suitability.
Amos S. Wangora
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Date: 4th May 2018