“To be among the global leaders in trade facilitation through e-commerce”
“To facilitate trade by simplifying and harmonizing business processes through effective management of the TradeNet System and provision of related services for Kenya’s global competitiveness”
Kenya Trade Network Agency (KENTRADE) is a state Corporation under the National Treasury that is mandated to facilitate cross border trade and establish, manage and implement the National Electronic Single Window System as a Vision 2030 flagship project under the economic pillar. The Executive Order establishing KENTRADE was signed by the President of the Republic of Kenya, H.E. Mwai Kibaki, on 14th January 2011 and gazetted as Legal Notice No 6 of 2011 on 28th January 2011.
The principal objective of the Agency is to establish and manage a National Electronic Single Window System (Kenya TradeNet System) and to facilitate trade.
- Implement policies relating to the National Electronic Single Window System (Kenya TradeNet System);
- Integrate electronic systems of public and private entities involved in receipting, processing and approving documents relating to international trade transactions;
- Develop, manage, and promote interchange of electronic data for facilitation of trade;
- Undertake and co-ordinate research and surveys in electronic commerce aimed at simplifying and harmonizing trade documentation;
- Maintain an electronic database of all imported and exported goods and services and the levies, fees, duties and taxes charged on imported or exported goods and services;
- Collect trade statistics;
- Plan, develop, monitor and evaluate training programmes for all stakeholders to ensure conformity with international best practices; and
- Perform such other functions related to trade facilitation.
Our Core Values
- Customer focus
- Creativity and innovation